Dear River Reach Family,
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Life as we know it will soon be over. No, for believers I’m not talking about impending doom, but imminent glory! At any moment Jesus will return to take us home and begin the next phase in His eternal plan of restoration. As recipients of God’s amazing grace through faith in Jesus Christ we have the sweet and sure promise that Jesus is coming to take us home to be with Him! What a glorious day that will be when we see Christ! Our Lord is working an eternal plan in which we hold a special place. When will Christ return? Why is Christ returning? This Sunday we will continue our study in the key New Testament passage that describes the special event we call the Rapture.
Sunday Sermon: “Christ’s Soon Return” – 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Men’s Meeting / Workday tomorrow morning @ 8:30
Lord willing we will meet to discuss some business of the church, consume some delicious dounuts, enjoy a little fellowship, and work on a few projects around the building and grounds. Thank you in advance to those who will come out to help prepare our facilities to be presentable for VBS!
Vacation Bible School
VBS is just 2 weeks away (VBS 7/29-8/1 – 6:30-8:30pm)! Thank you to those who have volunteered to help and teach in a variety of capacities. Pastor Dan should be sending out an email shortly with all the information you need to know. Here are just a few announcements:
- VBS flyers are available on the lobby table, please take a few and invite any children you know. If they come they will have a great time and hear the Gospel.
- If you would like to bring some snacks for VBS please contact Pastor Dan.
Foundations Class this Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 11: “Stewardship” in the Foundations book.
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Saturday 7/14 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Workday
- Sunday 7/15 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adult and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 6:00pm – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 7/18 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- Sunday Morning 7/29 – Missionary Bruce Tuttle with us in Sunday School and Morning Service
- VBS 7/29-8/1 – 6:30-8:30pm
Blessed to be your Pastor!