Dear River Reach Family,
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus.” 1 Thessalonians 4:14
Death is the ultimate evil and enemy for the natural man. Death is the ultimate thief robbing people of the fun and freedom they so desperately seek. For most life is all about maximizing pleasures and treasures and death is the ultimate brick wall of that pursuit. But what is death to the Christian? Can death rob us blind of our eternal hope? No! Christ gives certain hope to both the living and deceased children of God. No barrier can obstruct resurrection power! No force can repel rapture power! Whether alive or asleep in Jesus, God will call every one of us into His eternal presence. It could be today! This Sunday we will mediate on the comfort and hope we cherish in our risen Lord.
Sunday Sermon: “Hope in Christ’s Return” – 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Foundations Class this Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 10: “Progressive Sanctification” in the Foundations book.
Praise the Lord for rescuing a soul from death and welcoming them into His kingdom by faith in Christ this week! We rejoice to see direct fruit from our commitment to make disciples of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20) To God be the glory!
- Powells returning from vacation
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Sunday 7/8 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 6:00pm – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 7/11 – 6:30pm – Prayer / Bible Study
- Friday 7/13 – 6:30pm – Fort Caroline Gardens Outreach
- Saturday 7/14 – 8:30am – Men’s Meeting / Workday
- VBS 7/29-8/1 – 6:30-8:30pm
Blessed to be your Pastor!