Dear River Reach Family,
Now as to the love of the brethren, you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves are taught by God to love one another.” 1 Thessalonians 4:9
Have you seen all the garbage lying along the roads here in town? Some people love themselves so much that rather than taking an extra 20 seconds to through their garbage in the trash they throw it on the ground. Their selfishness robs others of a clean city and costs tax payers millions of dollars each year to clean up. This is just one example among many of how selfishness robs others for personal greed. Our sin always has a detrimental impact on those around us. Christ came to reverse the curse of sin and turn selfish people into self-sacrificing people. Because we have been redeemed by Christ the Holy Spirit calls us and enables us to love others. True love enriches and edifies others even a great personal expense. Jesus is the greatest example. He gave His life for us so that we could have life. This Sunday we listen to God’s call to love others rather than rob them.
Sunday Sermon: “Loving Our Brother’s and Sister’s in Christ” – 1 Thessalonians 4:6-12
Foundations Class this Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 10: “Progressive Sanctification” in the Foundations book.
- Powells on Vacation
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Sunday 6/24 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (1 Thessalonians – One Life to a Life for Life)
- 6:00pm – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 6/27 – 6:30pm – Prayer and Bible Study (1 Peter – Triumphing in Trying Times)
Blessed to be your Pastor!