Dear River Reach Family,
By faith Noah, being warned by God about things not yet seen, in reverence prepared an ark for the salvation of his household, by which he condemned the world, and became an heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.” Hebrews 11:7
A few weeks ago the world marveled at the daring rescue of a young child dangling from a fourth floor balcony in Paris. The toddler seemed ready plunge at any moment to certain death. Many stopped and cried out for help. Others pulled out their phones and began recording. One 22 year old man courageously jumped out of his car and daringly scaled the exterior of the building pulling the young child to safety. Praise God for the courage and love of that man! Whether we realize it or not, every child is dangling precariously over the pit of impending destruction! (Genesis 6:13, 17; Matthew 7:13) Who will rescue these precious lives from destruction? Father’s, we are God’s intended first responders. Our greatest mission in life is to lead the children God has placed in our care to faith in Christ and deliverance from the destructive currents of sin swirling all around them (Ephesians 6:4). This Father’s Day, we are going to examine the keys to rescuing our family’s through the wonderful example of Noah. Noah courageously believed God and rescued his family from destruction (Hebrews 11:7).
I encourage you to read Genesis 6-9 before Sunday morning to familiarize yourself with the life of this godly father and the conditions of his world.
Sunday Sermon: “Rescuing Your Family by Faith” – Genesis 6:5-22
Back to Work
My family and I praise God for the opportunity to get away for a few days to spend time together, visit family, and relax. Thank you to those who filled in for us in our absence. While we had a wonderful time on vacation, we are glad to be back home. We missed you while we were away and look forward to enjoying your fellowship again this Sunday!
Father’s Day Lunch Fellowship
We want to add a special emphasis to Father’s Day by providing a lunch and extra time of fellowship following the morning service.
No Foundations Class this Sunday
- Church families traveling on vacation
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Sunday 6/17 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (Father’s Day: Noah)
- 12:00pm – Father’s Day Lunch Fellowship
- 12:45pm – Applicational discussion of the morning message
- Wednesday 6/20 – 6:30pm – Prayer and Bible Study (1 Peter – Triumphing in Trying Times)
- Sunday 6/22 – 6:00pm – Ladies Night Out
Blessed to be your Pastor!