Dear River Reach Family,
For this is the will of God, your sanctification; that is, that you abstain from sexual immorality; 4 that each of you know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5 not in lustful passion, like the Gentiles who do not know God.” 1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
Our society is awash in confusion in one of the most basic areas of life. People are struggling to know out how to live in their bodies! Too many people today are confused with their gender or the gender of other people. Basic lusts of the flesh rule in the lives of most people. Is there any way to control this body that we call home? Thank God for the clarity of His Word! The relevance of God’s Word never ceases to amaze me! What sin and society confuse, God’s Word clarifies. Last week God’s Word taught us that all forms of sexual immorality are sin and must be avoided (1 Thessalonians 4:3). This week God’s Word will teach us how to live in these bodies in a way that honors the Lord.
Sunday Sermon: “How to Glorify God with Your Body” – 1 Thessalonians 4:4-8
Foundations Class: Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 9: “Holy Spirit” in the Foundations book. In our discussion, we will continue studying Ch. 9.
Adult Sunday Class: The Will of God
Join the adults on Sunday morning at 9:25 as Pastor Dan teaches on the Will of God.
Family Sunday on June 10th!
Sunday morning June 10th will be our next Family Sunday. Junior church children will be joining their parents in the morning service. Nursery will still be provided for all services.
- Church families traveling on vacation
- Peace in our nation and around the world
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Sunday 6/3 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians)
- 6:00 – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 6/6 – 6:30pm – Seminar on Reaching Muslims with the Gospel (Bob Rutledge)
- Sunday 6/10 – Family Sunday!
Blessed to be your Pastor!