Dear River Reach Family,
Now may our God and Father Himself and Jesus our Lord direct our way to you; 12 and may the Lord cause you to increase and abound in love for one another, and for all people, just as we also do for you; 13 so that He may establish your hearts without blame in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus with all His saints.” 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
Did your plans for today go according to plan? How confident are you that your plans for tomorrow will come to fruition? As finite human beings one thing we are forced to acknowledge fairly early on in life is that we are not in complete control. Have you observed a young child get frustrated when he can’t get the blocks to stay standing? As we mature we attempt to cope with our inability to control things by making more elaborate plans that include contingency plans, reserve savings, extra time in the schedule, extra supplies, etc. While additional planning can be extremely helpful especially when we are working with inanimate objects, we are wise to quickly acknowledge that we are dependent beings. Our Savior calls us to invest our lives making reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ. We are powerless to effectively control the hearts and wills of another person let alone our own! Confronted by our woeful inadequacy to fulfill our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ, in our passage for this Sunday, the apostle Paul models for us the only proper response to our inadequacies: Prayer!
Sunday Sermon: “The Disciple-maker’s Prayer” – 1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
Men’s Meeting / Workday tomorrow morning @ 8:30am
We will have a few different jobs to work on including installing lights for the sign, trimming trees, and possibly other projects that are on your heart 🙂
Foundations Class: Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 8: “Temptation” in the Foundations book. Will be covering the 2nd half of this chapter as a continuation from last week.
Adult Sunday Class: A Study in Titus
Join the adults on Sunday morning at 9:25 as Brian Tuttle continues his study in Titus.
- Gershon as he seeks a job and settles down in Hong Kong; Janine also seeking a job in Hong Kong
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Saturday 5/5 – 8:30am Men’s Meeting / Workday
- Sunday 5/6 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians)
- 6:00 – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 5/9 – 6:30pm – Missions presentation from John and Tricia Olson with Go Deaf Missions.
Blessed to be your Pastor!