Dear River Reach Family,
For this reason, brethren, in all our distress and affliction we were comforted about you through your faith; 8 for now we really live, if you stand firm in the Lord.” 1 Thessalonians 3:7-8
A few weeks ago my wife and children put soil in a new pot and planted morning glory seeds in the soil. They all worked together to make sure the soil in the pot stayed moist. For the first week or so there was no sign of life. Finally one day small green shoots began to appear in the black soil. The signs of life brought a fair amount of joy as the announcement of life rang through our home! This joy would not have been possible if the work of planting and watering had not been performed. We are all fairly familiar with this concept in the world of gardening, but the same is true in the spiritual realm. In God’s design there is a joy awaiting those who are willing to put out the effort to plant and water the seed of God’s Word in the lives of other individuals. Joy floods your soul when God blesses your labor with signs of spiritual life! Very few other earthly joys can compare to the joy of seeing God use your labor to bring spiritual life and growth to the life of another eternal soul. Our passage for this Sunday is intended to whet our appetites to experience this joy!
Sunday Sermon: “The Joy of Ministry Fruit” – 1 Thessalonians 3:6-13
New Move-ins visits available
Due to rain last Saturday, the new move in packets are available to be delivered by anyone who has time at their convenience. The packets are on the conference room table. Each packet has an address attached to it.
Ladies night out tonight!
Location: Chicken Salad Chick: 4624 Town Crossing Dr #115, Jacksonville, FL 32246
Foundations Class: Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 8: “Temptation” in the Foundations book. Will be covering the 2nd half of this chapter as a continuation from last week.
Current disciple making focus:
- Pray that God will lead you to one soul that you can win to Christ.
- Pray that God will lead you to one believer that you can lead to become more like Christ.
- Work on Chapter 8 of the Foundations book.
Adult Sunday Class: A Study in Titus
Join the adults on Sunday morning at 9:25 as Brian Tuttle continues his study in Titus.
- Gershon moving back to Hong Kong on Tuesday
- Susan’s health
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Friday 4/27 – 6:00pm @ Chicken Salad Chick: 4624 Town Crossing Dr #115, Jacksonville, FL 32246
- Sunday 4/29 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians)
- 6:00 – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 5/2 – 6:30pm – Prayer Service and Bible Study (Triumphing in Trying Times)
- Saturday 5/5 – 8:30am Men’s Meeting / Workday
Blessed to be your Pastor!