Dear River Reach Family,
For who is our hope or joy or crown of exultation? Is it not even you, in the presence of our Lord Jesus at His coming? 20 For you are our glory and joy.” 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20
This week as I was getting a quote for homeowners insurance the agent asked how much I thought our personal possessions were worth. I assured him our possessions were worth far less than the amount he was quoting on the insurance. But I am certain that we possess far more than the Apostle Paul and his coworkers Silas and Timothy had in terms of earthly goods. I am keenly aware of the temptation in my personal life to find my joy and value in earthly possessions. We live in a day and age where personal worth and success are measured in the abundance of the things which we possess (Luke 12:15). All of these earthly possessions will someday burn up if they don’t end up in the landfill first (2 Peter 3:10-11). In our passage for Sunday, Paul reveals the true crowning joy of his life. It is a treasure that will last for eternity!
Sunday Sermon: “Our Glory and Joy” – 1 Thessalonians 2:17-20
Foundations Class: Sunday @ 6:00pm
Assignment: Complete Chapter 7: “The Local Church” in the Foundations book.
Current disciple making focus:
- Pray that God will lead you to one soul that you can win to Christ.
- Pray that God will lead you to one believer that you can lead to become more like Christ.
- Work on Chapter 7 of the Foundations book.
Adult Sunday Class: Finding and Knowing the Will of God
Join the adults on Sunday morning at 9:25 as Pastor Dan leads in a study in the will of God.
Ft. Caroline Gardens Outreach this evening at 6:30
Please pray that the Lord will bless our ministry to these dear folks who are physically limited. Bob Rutledge will be bringing a challenge from God’s Word to point people to Christ and encourage those who know Him.
Church vote this Wednesday
Last Wednesday evening we announced that we will be voting as a church on Wednesday evening 4/18 on the purchase of widow decals for a few of the big windows and entry doors. The goal is to create a more inviting and welcoming appearance to our church. If you have any questions please contact me.
- Brain and Dawn traveling to funeral
- June traveling to Philippines to visit brother with a stroke
- Susan’s health
- Fruit from the Rutledge’s outreach efforts
- Bryn Gleiser battling breast cancer
- Opportunities and boldness to make relationships to share the Gospel
- Those faithfully serving the Lord in the military
- River Reach Baptist Church to make reproducing disciples of Jesus Christ
- Our missionaries as they serve the Lord around the world
- Our nation and leaders
- Friday 4/13 – 6:30pm Ft. Caroline Outreach
- Sunday 4/15 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes (Adults and Children’s classes)
- 10:30 – Morning Worship (One Life to a Life for Life – 1 Thessalonians)
- 6:00 – Foundations Class
- Wednesday 4/18 – 6:30pm – Prayer Service and Bible Study (Triumphing in Trying Times); Church vote
- Saturday 4/21 – 10:30 – New Move-ins Outreach
Blessed to be your Pastor!