Dear River Reach Family,
Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone.” 1 Chronicles 29:12
You thought about it today. You used it. You spent it. You may have earned it. Yes, I’m talking about that thing that is so critical in our lives that it touches almost every aspect of our lives: money. Does God care about money? Does He care what you and I do with our wealth? Though God did not create the dollar, He understands that how we handle money directly reveals His greatest interest, our hearts. Money reveals what we treasure. What we treasure reveals the priorities of our hearts (Matthew 6:19-21). This Sunday I will begin a 6-8 week series on the stewardship of money in our morning service. Brian and Josh will continue that series the following weeks in our adult Sunday Class. God’s Word has a lot to say about wealth and how we out to handle it. I hope you will join us for this new series and learn how to honor the Lord from the heart!
Series Title: “Money: Showing Off God’s Goodness through Stewardship”
- God’s Purpose for Wealth
- The Economics of Today: Spending and Budgeting
- The Economics of Tomorrow: Debt and Saving
- Developing a Heart that Values Money Rightly
Sunday Sermon: “God’s Purpose for Wealth” – Matthew 25:14-30
No Men’s Workday tomorrow
Due to the cold weather we will be canceling our Men’s workday for tomorrow. We will reschedule for January 27th.
Discipleship Groups Sunday evening at 6:00pm
Men: Read chapter 10 in The Trellis and the Vine:
Women: Jen will be discussing the book (None Like Him) with you. This book has been a blessing to her. She would like to share it with you! No need to purchase the book. Just come for a great time of fellowship and spiritual encouragement.
- Safety for many of our church family traveling over the holidays
- Salvation of friends and family members
- Gospel opportunities
- Our missionaries to be encouraged during the Christmas season
- Our nation and leaders, peace
- Sunday 1/7 – 9:25 – Sunday Classes
- 10:30 – Morning Worship
- 6:00 – Discipleship Groups
- Wednesday 1/10 – Bible study and Prayer Service
- Friday 1/12 – 6:30 – Fort Caroline Outreach
- Sunday 1/14 – 9:25 – Continue Money Stewardship Series in Adult Sunday Class
Blessed to be your Pastor!