Dear River Reach Family,
The people who walk in darkness will see a great light; those who live in a dark land, the light will shine on them.” Isaiah 9:2
I think it is fitting that Christmas falls at the end of the year. Life has a way of weighing us down. If we get caught up in the race of life throughout the year, it is easy for our attention to to be diverted from a Christ-focus to a life-focus. The inevitable result will be increased emptiness and weariness. Discontentment driven by a desire for more earthly comfort and gratification will soon leave us empty. Our fallen nature leaves us extremely susceptible to self-motivated living rather than faith motivated pursuit of God and His will. In Isaiah 7-8 we find the nation of Judah caught again in such a trap. Once again their own way leads to devastation and emptiness. Have you been caught in the same trap? Thank God He doesn’t leave us in our darkness! The story of Christmas reminds us that God shines the light of hope into even the darkest night!
Sunday Sermon: “The Dawn of Hope” – Isaiah 9:1-7
Lord’s Supper observance this Sunday morning
Christmas worship service on Sunday 12/17
This year we are excited to change things up a bit. The children, choir, and selected adults have been working diligently for the last several months to put together a Christmas program to celebrate the birth of our Savior.
On Sunday, December 17th 10:00am-11:30am (there will be no Sunday classes.)
This will be a wonderful time to invited friends, relatives, and neighbors to join us. The Gospel will be presented! Invitations are available on the lobby table.
Teen activity tomorrow afternoon 12/9
The teens will be working together to make Gingerbread houses! Please contact Pastor Dan for more information. They will be meeting at the church from 2-4:00pm.
Discipleship Groups Sunday evening at 6:00pm
Men: Read chapter 8 in The Trellis and the Vine:
Women: Complete Week 11 in the study guide.
- Susan physical strength
- Children and adults preparing to minister in the Christmas worship service
- The Lord to show us a visitor we can invite to the Christmas worship service
- Salvation of friends and family members
- Gospel opportunities
- Our nation and leaders, peace
- Saturday 12/9 – 2:00pm – Teen Activity at church
- Sunday 12/10 – 9:25am – Sunday Classes (Adults, New Members, Children)
- 10:30am – Morning Worship
- 6:00pm – Discipleship groups
- Sunday 12/17 – 10:00am Christmas Worship Service (No Sunday Classes)
- Wednesday 12/13 – 6:30pm – Prayer Meeting / Bible Study
Blessed to be your Pastor!