Dear River Reach Family,
Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs. 7 He touched my mouth with it and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven.” Isaiah 2:17
Have you ever been caught in a situation that just seemed hopeless? Everywhere you look is a closed door, a dead end road, or a deep pit. Everything you try fails and leaves you even further behind. These elements are the components of a perfect nightmare! I need hope. I need to know there is a solution. Mankind is caught in such a nightmare. We are sinners by nature without any capability to solve our greatest problems. We are like a ship with holes in it that only continue to grow. We try to make patches and repair gaping holes only to find that the material we are working with is corrupt and worthless. The gash continues to grow! Without external intervention our destination will be doom. Thank God He offers hope to every sinner! Hope will never be found in ourselves. Genuine hope is found only in divine cleansing and forgiveness. In Isaiah 6 we find the solution for sin. This Sunday morning we will rejoice in God’s perfect solution for sinners!
Sunday Sermon: “The Solution for Sinners” – Isaiah 6:1-13
Fall Fun Fest – Tomorrow! 11-2pm
A big thank you to everyone who came out last Sunday evening to help prepare for Fall Fun Fest and for those who came out to pray on Wednesday evening! It was a blessing to work together as a church. Praise the Lord for answering so many of our specific prayers already. I’m excited to see what He will do through us as we serve Christ tomorrow!
A few quick notes:
- We will begin setting up around 9:00am.
- We will have an early “lunch” around 10:00 before the event starts.
- We will have your River Reach T-shirts available for you tomorrow morning!
- The photo booth will be left up through Sunday if you would like to take fall pictures.
Thank you in advance for your faithful service to the Lord!
Discipleship Groups Sunday evening at 6:00pm
Men: Read chapter 3 in The Trellis and the Vine:
Women: Complete Week 6 in the study guide.
- The Lord to bless Fall Fun Fest for His glory!
- Salvation of friends and family members
- Gospel opportunities
- Janine to find a job
- Our nation and leaders, peace
- October 28th – 11-2:00pm – Fall Fun Fest
- Sunday 10/29 – Regular Sunday Services (10:30am) and Sunday School (9:25am Adults, New Members, Children)
- 6:00pm – Discipleship groups
- Wednesday 11/1 – 6:30pm – Prayer Meeting / Bible Study
Blessed to be your Pastor!